CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Growing up

Isaiah has grown up into a big boy bed. How sad and exciting! I finally got his room ready, except for a few things that need cleaned out and toys put in. But his bed is ready and he couldn't wait to sleep in it. He always wants to be in it and he is so proud! He can't wait for nap time or bed time. He wants me to lay with him, which I did for 2 days, but am trying to get away from. I know I could eventually and I will miss it when he doesn't want me to tuck him in, but with the baby coming, I know that will be a lot on me if I keep it up. Tonight we shed some tears, but finally gave in when momma just stood by his bed. Showing off how much room he has. The blanket on the window hopefully won't last, but he doesn't sleep well unless the room is dark, dark except for a little night light.
Bear and teddy are much needed bed time pals!
This is my big boy pillow!

I can't believe that he is in a big bed already. July 1st was his last night in his crib. I've been thinking how we as parents always remember the first time our kids do something, but do we remember their lasts? This is something I have been trying to do. I don't remember the last time Isaiah woke up during the night as an infant, the last bottle he drank, or the last time he ate baby food. I want to remember the last time he brings me a flower, the last time he wants me to tuck him in bed, and the last time he wants a kiss from me. I want to remember them so I don't suddenly wish for them and feel sad for wanting it one more time. So I can see how he is growing and developing. I love my sweet baby boy with all my heart. Somedays I long for his sweet baby breath and the hours of holding him. I cherish the very few times he may still fall asleep in my arms. I know it won't last. So love your kids with all that you are!

1 comments:

Brokopp said...

That's not Andy's old body pillow, is it? Isaiah does NOT want to use that one, trust me.... :)