CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Packing and more packing

Yesterday my parents took the kids so I could begin to pack and clean. That is not a job that I enjoy doing. The kids were supposed to come home at nap time, but I talked to my mom and they decided to "kidnap" them for the whole day. That was great for me, because I still had so much to do. After getting done what I did yesterday, I think my parents could kidnap the kids for the next 2 weeks! I worked all day, except for about an hour when I took trash and recycling out and took Andy lunch since he was at work. We worked until 730 last night. I sure was sore! So Isaiah never took a nap at Nana and Pap-pap's. I didn't figure he would, but he was still a good boy. He was in bed a little before 8, (actually 9 with the time change) and slept until 745 this morning. I am glad for that. Bella is still sleeping after a bottle at 6. So these are the pictures of what my house looks like at this moment and will continue to look like until we figure out where to store boxes in order to put the house up for sale. No one would want to buy a house that looked like this! At least I wouldn't! But, I got the bathroom cleaned and scrubbed and non-essential stuff packed. Andy emptied the attic of all the boxes. He reminded me again how much he hates attics! That is why we only stored empty boxes in it. Also, the laundry room is packed up, except for essentials. I just need to scrub it and paint to touch up. A lot of kitchen stuff is away and my good dishes. If anyone comes for a meal, you will be eating off of paper or plastic plates, but you will still eat. Maybe not at the table either, since you can hardly find it at this point! I still just can't figure out how people accumulate so much stuff, me included. After having to move, I would rather just get rid of most things and have the bare minimum. The house doesn't even look like anything was touched, except all these boxes sitting around.

We will be away for about 12 days starting next Fri the 13th. We have a pastor and spouses retreat in Harrisburg and then will spend a day or 2 with Aunt Joy, Grandma and Grandpa. We will then be traveling to candidate at a church the weekend of the 20th. We are going to keep it quiet for now, until we know more or are called there. Hopefully we can stop and see my sister and her husband on the way home. Depending on how things go and how kids travel. It should be interesting with 2 kids. At least Auntie Joy is going to take care of Bruno while we are gone. Hopefully Grandma learns to give Bruno his shots! :) So we will be MIA for a while!


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Pam and Mac McSweeney said...

Praying for you guys... Mac got a call this past week for a reference on Andy. Don't worry he gave him a good one!