CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Prayer and changes

We want to thank all of our family and friends who have been supporting us through a very tough time right now. Now that everything is out in the open, I feel free to write about it. About 4 months ago, our church decided to do a transition period with Andy and his dad since dad wanted to step back some in ministry after having his stroke. Andy became the main preaching pastor and dad went mainly to visitation. Both being put into roles that best used their spiritual gifts and abilities. Within the last month, the elders of the church decided the church needed a Lead pastor. Andy and his dad were advised of this and told they could send out their resumes to begin new ministries elsewhere. This has begun a very emotional journey for us. I was 6 weeks away from having the baby at that point. Now we are down to 3 weeks until I am definitely induced, but it may be sooner. I am packing up as much of our house was we can since we have to put it on the market. Andy is now in the process of finishing his resume and ministry packet to send out to other districts. Everything now is unknown. There are many hurt and angry people in the church because of this decision by the elders. We pray that the church is able to overcome this bitterness and go forward with ministry. While this is the most hurtful, wounding thing I have been through, we know that God has a better ministry for us. We are seeking His will and direction at this point. But with the baby coming, the Holidays coming, selling a house and me leaving the area I grew up in, I am having so many emotions. My health has declined some with this pregnancy. I have had to start medication for my gestational diabetes and stress makes it worse. I am having non stress tests 2 days a week along with ultrasounds and Dr's appt's, so it makes for lots of busyness for us. So we would appreciate any extra prayers that are sent our way. I am especially sad for my parents and Andy's missing out on their grandchildren. It rips my heart out to have to daily explain to Isaiah about the boxes stacking up in the dining room and he gets so sad. I don't even know how to approach the subject of not seeing Grandma and Grandpa after Oct 26th and not seeing Nana and Pap-pap after we find a new ministry. Andy's parents are moving to York with Andy's sister. Joy has put her house on the market and they are in the process of looking for a larger home for all of them. Pray for them as well.
I ask that you pray for healing and peace as we start this new journey and especially for my emotions and actions. May we please God in our attitude.

1 comments:

Jay and Jamie Dalton said...

We love you, and we're praying for you!

The Daltons