CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Safe in the arms of Jesus

This is my dear Uncle LaRue holding Bella at Christmas. He is now resting safe in the arms of Jesus when he was called home on Sunday night. He went into cardiac arrest on the way home from church. Fortunately, my aunt was able to get the car stopped and a lady driving behind them realized something was wrong and called 911. They were also only a minute from the closest paramedic. He was defibrillated 3 times by the paramedics and intubated. On the way to the hospital he was attempting to breathe on his own. I was working 3-11 on Sunday, so I was able to spend time with the family. (I work as the in-house paramedic, so I only do things when I am paged). God orchestrated everything to His will. It was only God that I was there and able to get answers for my aunt and just stay in the room with her and my cousin. Uncle LaRue was taken to ICU. Around 6, Aunt Sandy and Jason went home to get something to eat and try to rest. I went and talked to the paramedics that treated him and then ate dinner. Around 7:30p I went back to Uncle LaRue's room to sit with him. The nurse came in to give him some medications and it wasn't even 5 minutes that I was there and he went into cardiac arrest again. I called Aunt Sandy and told her to call Jason and to come out. I called Andy (my parents were at my house) so Andy and my dad came out. Also my Aunt Joy. His heart stopped several times while waiting for everyone to come. After talking with the Dr's, Aunt Sandy said he didn't want to suffer or be in pain and that he was ready for Heaven. We were all there when his heart stopped again and we sent him to the arms of Jesus. It is such an emotional time for us. My great-aunt that passed away on Sat (see following post) was Uncle LaRue's aunt, so we have had a double hit this week. Uncle LaRue was such a jolly, sweet man, who loved his family. He always was smiling and chuckling. He loved Isaiah and Bella and was so great with them. I remember once when Isaiah was smaller, he went right into the arms of Uncle LaRue to have him hold him. I am so glad for these precious memories of him and for my kids to have pictures.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: